Job Number: 508237
Locations: Central and Eastern Europe: Albania
Work Type : Internship
Purpose and Scope
The purpose of the Internship is to provide a framework by which students pursuing a relevant tertiary education enhance their educational experience through practical work assignments provided by UNICEF Albania CO through the online violence against children project implementation.
More specifically, the Internship will contribute towards the development of cost-effective awareness raising approaches and tools, to inform children and adolescents in Albania on the risks and prevention from online sexual exploitation and abuse.
The incumbent will have an excellent opportunity to acquire practical experience in various aspects of project implementation in the area of child protection in an international work environment.
Major duties and responsibilities
Under the direct supervision of the Child Protection Specialist, the intern will support the Child Protection team to perform the following tasks
1. Conduct rapid assessment of the best practices, tools and instruments available worldwide for preventing and tackling online child sexual exploitation and abuse.
2. Develop a cost-effective and sustainable model(s)(content, approaches, potential costs, etc.) to reach out the large groups of children and adolescents country wide to keep them informed and engaged around the violence and abuse of children online program.
3. Monitor and support the awareness raising efforts (public outreach) of the Child Helpline ALO 116 and ISIGURT platforms;
4. Support overall project's visibility and propose innovative and cost-effective ways to maintain children and adolescents engagement.
5. Provide administrative support to organizing project related meetings (taking minutes, preparing handouts and presentations for seminars, workshops, conferences, etc.), where applicable.
6. Assist the Child Protection team in any additional tasks as required by the unit.
At the end of the internship, the following outputs are expected:
A rapid assessment report, containing a compilation of best practices, tools, experiences and stories on preventing and tackling online child sexual exploitation and abuse;
Draft cost effective and sustainable model/tool to reaching out children and adolescents country wide, with the information on violence and abuse online;
Handouts, talking points, presentations, minutes of the meetings and activities within the scope of the project;
Please have a look at this link in order to view all the details and submitt your application...