The One Leader pillar is pivotal in strategically positioning United Nations support to the country in advancing the EU integration agenda and Agenda2030.
Under the One Leader pillar, the UN Country Team is led by the UN Resident Coordinator. The Resident Coordinator strengthens the strategic leadership of the UN Country Team to support the efforts of the Governmentof Albania in the EU integration path and achievement of the Sustainable Development Goals. The aim is to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the operational activities for development-enhance sustainable development results, and make operations more coherent and efficient- in line with the National Strategy for Development and Integration 2015-2020.
The Resident Coordinator ensures effective advocacy of the core values, standards, principles and activities of the United Nations in Albania.
UN Resident Coordinator’s Office
The UN Resident Coordinator is supported by the Resident Coordinator’s Office (RCO).
In line with the Delivering as One Standard Operating Procedures, Staff from the UN Resident Coordinator's Office (RCO) supports 10 core coordination functions performed by Resident Coordinator and UN Country Team:
- Strategic analysis and planning
- Oversight of the UN programming cycle
- Representation and support of UN Secretariat and UN agencies/NRAs
- Support to national coordination systems and processes
- Development and management of shared operational support services
- Crisis management and preparedness response
- External communication and advocacy
- Human rights and development
- Joint resource mobilization and fund management
- General UNCT oversight and management